You'll love the story behind this beautiful bark edge piece. This particular workshop was selected due to its small size, certifications, track record of working with sustainable orchard mango wood, and impressive track record of creating for fantastic premium stores in the US. This is a simple and elegant cutting board which doubles up as a serving tray. We opted not to dye or color this wood. Mango wood is naturally light, almost yellowish colored, and has the occasional streak in it. It's one of our favorite woods to use because mango trees must be constantly replanted once they are past their fruit bearing prime, making this an excellent use for logs.
Please hand-clean only. Never use in a dishwasher, and do not leave submerged in a sink. Allow to air dry naturally before re-use. As this is a cutting board, expect scratches from knife use. After every 10-15 uses, we recommend using a food-safe oil or wax to coat the board overnight. The wax and oils will help seal scratches that come with normal use. You must then clean this oil or wax off before re-use.
- 12 Inches Long x 9 Wide x 1 Inch thick; approximately 2 lbs
- Makes an excellent cheese or appetizer board and doubles as a cutting board
- Made from sustainable orchard wood whose trees were no longer fruit bearing; no forest trees were cut
- Stunning bark sides; no two boards will be exactly alike and color may be from yellowish to dark brown due to two-tone nature of acacia wood
- FDA 175.300 Food-safe finish. (Please hand-clean this board only)