5 things you didn't know about Rococo
A beautiful delicate type of interior design everyone wishes they had at home but may be a little over the top for our era.
- rococo was first used in 1835 in France, coming from the words rocailee and baroque. Both forms of art and design originating and based on the Renaissance era
- Although rococo originates from two french word, the style was used all over Europe during the period of the later 17th century and early 18th century. Countries like Italy, Germany, Austria and even Great Britain followed the style and designs of rococo
3. Rococo not only boomed in France but also declined and eventually died in France as a large contributor, Madame de Pompadour, the mistress of Louis XV had grown tired of seashells and pastels
4. The two sons of famous composer Bach, were large contributors in composing rococo music,music that is considered elegant and intimate. Most likely just known as classica musc to kids these days.
5. Roroco was not limited to Europe but also made its way to Russia. The Oranienbaum palace, Oranienbaum meaning 'Orange Tree' in German; along with the city center is now an UNESCO World Heritage site.